The best person to tell you if you need a new mattress is none other than yourself. Here’s a checklist to determine whether or not it’s time for a replacement.
- Is your mattress more than 8 years old?
- Are you still feeling comfortable with your current mattress?
- Do you wake up feeling all kinds of aches and pain in your body?
- Do you wake up tired, rather than rejuvenated?
- Does your body have numbness in the shoulder area when you wake up?
- Do you have trouble getting to sleep because of too much fidgeting in bed?
- Does your mattress have lumps? Uneven surface? Holes? Torn stitching?
- Are you becoming more and more allergic?
- Are you bothered when your partner moves on the bed?
Mattress replacement may be too much of a drastic decision. If you answered yes to three questions, you could consider buying a topper or a protector, instead of replacing the set completely.